Comfrey is one of the most popular medicinal plants for external use and its name is derived from the Latin 'confervere' which means 'to bring together'. It has been used for centuries for its anti-inflammatory capacity when bones were to be set and the healing process hastened, thus earning the herb its common names, 'Knitbone' and 'Boneset'. The chief (and most important) constituent of comfrey root is allantoin which promotes wound-healing and accelerates the regeneration of cells.
Medicinal Use: Hilde Hemmes' Comfrey cream has an anti-inflammatory action and, when rubbed into the affected area several times daily, it provides relief of inflammation due to:
- joint/bone/cartilage injuries
- bruises and sprains
Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Active Ingredients: Contains tincture equivalent to Symphytum officinale root & rhizone dry 24 mg/g.
Features / Benefits
- This product is listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods.
- Available in convenient, durable, tamper-evident tubes.
- Rapidly absorbed into the affected skin area.
- Water-based, non-greasy and gentle.
- Promotes the body's natural healing.
- Compatible with most skin types.